Find similar resumes
Seta Financial Consultancy
Work ExperienceFINANCIAL CONSULTANCY (23.07.2015 – Current)
Owner – Finance Professional, Consultant, and ZZPr
Finance Professional whose approach is to listen and understand Clients’ situation in order to provide customized proposals and solutions on a strategic (Advisory and consultancy), tactical and/or operational (hands on) level depending on the initially expressed requirements.
• Providing telephone consultation to Clients through Atheneum’s Network Platrfom of Experts.
Brooks Sports (01.11.2014 – 30.07.2015)
Credit and Collection Specialist EMEA (Corporate Accounting)
• Reporting to Finance Director EMEA as Head of Credit and Account Receivable EMEA with responsibilities extending to Corporate Accounting.
• Joined Brooks by the end of a change management process that has phased out the previous Finance Team located in Munster, Germany.
• Involved as a senior team member for finance in the implementation and rollover of a new ERP system, transitioning from Microsoft Dynamics AX to Infor M3 with a go live on 04.01.2015.
• Helped successfully in the implementation of the new ERP system by assisting in reconciling all AR data migration and the creation of the banks GL related accounts.
• Involved with BI in the preparation of a revenue report recognition.
• Responsible for the bank reconciliation and the EMEA monthly cash report for 20 active bank accounts, and a monthly cash report.
• Responsible for the month end Intercompany GL Accounts reconciliation.
• Actively involved in the month end cycle by reconciling all IC, AR, temps and consultants salary accruals, and bad debtor calculation.
• In touch with all Country’s Sales and Customer Service Teams to evaluate their current involvement within financial operations of EMEA.
• Implemented DD for ES, DE, FR, and IT with a positive impact on cash flow.
• Built within 60 days a full scale team of Administrators of 4 FTEs responsible each of them for a specific region/countries across EMEA.
• Proposed full scale new O2C process across EMEA.
Equens SE (25.08.2014 – 30.10.2014)
Interim role – Key Client Bank Project Italy
• Temporary contract for 2 months.
• Helping the Call Center – Tech Support Process Management, and Escalation Management with process improvement for Equens Italy and a Key Client/Bank.
• Monitoring the ticket creation and escalation made in Italy.
• Provide the necessary translation for all the tickets made.
• Preparing every afternoon a daily report in regards to the open tickets to Equens Italy, for the dedicated task force.
• Actively participating into meetings and conference calls regarding process improvements and automation for full tickets handling cycle (From Opening, priority setting, accurate reason why a ticket was open, and closing) with Customer Service Equens Italy, Escalation Management, and the German Dedicated Porject Task Force.
• Through fresh eyes challenged with difficult questions Equens NL in regards potential organizational matters, quantity vs quality performance, team scalability in Italy (Customer Support), and SLAs and its ownership.
Financial Operations Manager, EMEA (01.04.2011 – 31.03.2012)
Under Armour, Amsterdam
• Providing Leadership in all areas of Financial Operations, Account Receivable, Accounts Payable, and full O2C.
• In charge of a Team of 6 FTE providing them with a daily leadership in all areas of Financial Operations.
• Drafted a priority list and time lines for set of projects to be automated and implemented on the Accounts Payable side such as revamping the Authorization Lines process for Vendors invoices, Employee Expenses, Accruals Process for Month End purposes, New Credit Card Payment System, New Payment Runs cycle, and transition to HSBC from RBS for our AP daily operation.
• Initiated the implementation of Automated Cash Posting/Batch Payments with HSBC (AP Side) in SAP (Scoping and Blueprinting).
• Implemented the Direct Debits in UK with an excellent impact on the cash flow, and prepared the time line to go live in DE (Accounts Receivable side).
• Finalized the necessary documents to open our French Bank account at HSBC for AR purposes.
• Responsible for all facets of Accounts Receivable including, Credit, Collection, Cash and Billing (O2C).
• In touch with all Strategic, and Distributors within the EMEA region.
• Involved with the EMEA Budget planning (Headcounts, and Cost Centers).
• Built a new skilled team by hiring 2 FTEs to reach the total of 6 FTEs.
• Preparing an EMEA Risk Analysis on Monthly Base, in addition to the top 20 debtors for the Headquarter in US.
• Kept the EMEA’s Account Receivable in line with the revenue growth in the region.
• Hiring Manager for all Financial Operations vacancies and directly in touch with the recruiting agencies.
• Responsible for FTE Budget and updating Sr. Management with salary/overhead information and organizational charts.
Assistant Manager Insurance and Risk Management (01.05.2009 - 31.03.2011)
LG Electronics Euopean Shared Service Center BV, Almere
• Responsible for Risk Management for all the European Countries with main focus on IT, ES, PT, GR, and Benelux.
• Reporting to the CFO of LGESC.
• Expanded and maintained the Global Credit Policy; trained, educated and audited the European Subsidiaries.
• Assisting the Risk Manager in the negotiation process of new contracts with our Credit Insurers.
• Advising helping and supporting the European subsidiaries with claim settlements, credit limit, and any other credit risk matters.
• Analyzing and recognizing revenue for the purpose of reporting Group's insurable turnover.
• Proposed new, simpler, more accurate, and easy to prepare reports, in addition to the elimination of duplicate reports effecting department performance and productivity.
• In touch with Atradius, Euler Hermes, Coface, and D&B.
• Active role within the Management Team of the European Shared Service Center.
Credit Control Manager (01.02.2008 - 30.04.2009)
Booking.com BV, Amsterdam
• In charge of a Department of 50+FTEs, in 4 different locations: Amsterdam (HQ), Cambridge, Grand Rapids, and Singapore.
• Reporting to the CFO of Booking.com with intensive interaction as well with the COO, other Directors, Group Controller, and MDs.
• Responsible for the daily Credit Control and Cash Teams operation on a global scale.
• Established a new Credit Control's Organizational Chart which lead to new positions and internal promotions within a global setting by establishing 2 teams in Singapore and Grand Rapids US by reallocating New York’s Team. Relocated the French Credit Control team from Cambridge to Amsterdam. Worked on the 2009 new Budget for Credit Control Department globally, including headcount.
• Participating as a stakeholder in agreements signed with the major Global Hotel Chains.
• Worked with CIBER SAP Consultants to create Credit Control Management Reporting on SAP BW (Business Warehouse). Involved as well in the SAP roll out in the Cambridge Office for all Finance purposes. Upgraded R/3 age debtor report, and finished the scoping and blue print stage for SAP Collection Management software that had to become available for all locations Credit Control Team was present.
• Departments Performance: Cash Flow equivalent to 96% of the Invoicing amount in 2008, Collection Rate of 97.5% in 90 days, with a Revenue increase of 55% (430Mill). DSO kept stable and in line with the industry standards. Increased Direct Debit payments by 8% positively impacting Cash Flow.
• Forecasted Monthly Cash Flow and fully analyzed it by the end of the month. Additional reporting would involve, Aging Analysis, Top Debtors and DSO. Worked successfully with CFO Booking.com in the creation of the new Company's Bad Debt Provision in compliance with US GAAP and SOX.
• Responsible for the auditing part involving Account Receivable on a global scale, and making sure all the processes and procedure are SOX compliant.
Senior Credit Analyst (01.09.2005 - 31.01.2008)
Tommy Hilfiger Europe BV, Amsterdam
• In charge of a team composed by 2 Credit Analysts, approximately 900 Customers on TH Internal Credit Limit or payment plans worth it over € 100 Million in goods delivered.
• Reported to the EMEA Credit Manager with a dotted line to the CFO of Tommy Hilfiger.
• Acted as the main support to the Credit Manager, Senior Credit Controllers and Credit Controllers when it got to Customer's Financial Analyses.
• Responsible in detecting and monitoring Customers with a higher than average credit risk profile.
• Analyzed Customers' financial statements and payment history in order to determine whether a credit limit should be granted.
• Used Dun & Bradstreet as a source to retrieve financial statements.
• Main contact with our Credit Insurance for the claim settlements and in contact with the Cash Team to define the revenue generated by the claims with proper codes within our GL.
• With the assistant of our IT Sr. developers I generated a Financial Statement Report in Access, and a report in SAP for existing Customers' future credit review.
• Proposed and implemented and internal Credit Rating at TH in order to define the risk level for countries portfolio based exclusively on financial statements and payment behavior.
• In charge of the DSO report prepared on monthly basis, for our COO to verify CMs performance.
Financial Accountant Invoicing & Reporting (17.02.2003 - 31.08.2005)
ModusLink BV, Apeldoorn
• In charge of the invoicing process of 3 clients.
• In charge of the freight expenses reconciliation report for all ModusLink BV Customers used in the preparation of the monthly P&L.
• I was reporting to I&R Supervisor and Customer Service Manager.
• Prepared independently, accurately and on timely manner invoices on daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
• In touch with the Business Units to have updates on the price units changes.
Early Career Summary - US
Various Accounting Roles (1997-2002)
• Worked in the US for small to medium corporations as a bookkeeper and financial accountant taking care of the bank statements and reconciliations, journal entries, GL coding and several GL accounts reconciliations for month end.
Italian Army 1992-1996
• In charge of 25 warrant officers, 78 soldiers, 48 tanks, and 35 different vehicles.
2008 Managing Growth
1996-2000 Associate BSc in Business Administration
Northern Virginia Community College
SkillsBroad working experience in all spectrums of finance. Specialized in Companies that are experiencing growth and/or in need to restructure financial/business/operational processes, teams and/or entire departments. Able to handle large and small teams within a Finance Department and/or Financial Shared Services environment. Excellent Leadership and Managerial skills with capability to become a hands on Manager as required, nevertheless keeping a helicopter view upon team’s and/or Department’s operation. Able to communicate to C level Executives in English and Italian (Good knowledge and understanding of Dutch), and keep an open communication line with all the other organization’s stakeholders. Strong cultural awareness gained out of almost 20 years of working experience in Italy, US, and the Netherlands in global and EMEA settings. Strongly analytical Finance professional capable of foreseeing the repercussion of a corporate finance and strategic decisions within the entire organization. Specialized in ERP implementations (Scoping, Blueprinting, and Implementation/Going live). Excellent Financial and Business Consultant whose competencies include:
• Executive Presentation
• C & Senior Level Consultancy and Advisory
• Influencing and Negotiating
• Financial and Operational Risk Management and Mitigation
• Audit and Compliance to GAAP and Internal Corporate Policies and Procedures; Revenue Recognition
• Credit Analysis, Management, Collection, and overall O2C processes
• Shared Service Center and Financial Shared Service Center
• Financial Management and Accounting
• Change Management and Reorganization
• Business and Operational Troubleshooting
• Policies Implementation and Development
• Streamlining Business Processes and Process Automations
• Streamlining Business Operations
• Team Motivation and Team Player (Hands on)
• Talent Retention and Recruitment
• Team Building and/or restructuring
• Staff/Team/Department Leadership
• Stakeholders Motivation and Engagement