Find similar resumes
Private Equity | Value Creation | Strategy Execution | Busin
Werkervaring interimmanagerPortfolio Director for Private Equity firm (2017 - 2019) - Responsible for driving the value agenda at several portfolio companies; executing the buy & build strategy, managing profitable growth through business development, pricing, and cost saving initiatives, as well as business model transformation, and realizing working capital efficiencies.
• Managed add-on acquisitions for portfolio company, where targets included direct competitors; from sourcing, negotiations, due diligence, contracting and post-acquisition integration
• Formulated - in close corporation with CEO - the growth strategy for a portfolio company; this included restructuring the commercial organization, determined the product & technology roadmap, developed new revenue streams, and closed a number of selective acquisitions to improve the value proposition of the company
• Initiated the re-positioning of a portfolio company
• Sourced and managed the acquisition process of a number of target companies in various industries; software, manufacturing, distribution, hospitality, etc.
• Responsible for developing and deploying a reporting structure to periodically update the team and limited partners in terms of portfolio
Investment Manager at Private Equity firm (2010 - 2017) - Actively and independently involved in all stages of the investment cycle; from deal origination, due diligence, valuation, deal closing, value creation, and exit.
• Performed (commercial, financial, technical, legal and fiscal) due diligence and managed the valuation and closing process
• Formulated and deployed management agenda for various portfolio companies
• Managing portfolio companies, where my typical responsibilities include: 1) increasing cash flow through cost reduction and working capital management, 2) improving the company’s manageability by strengthening the team, improving processes and building sound management systems, and 3) leading the company to profitable growth
• Responsible for strategic, operational and financial management reporting of portfolio companies to LPs
Consultant for top-tier Strategy Consulting firm (2008 - 2010) - Supporting executive management in developing the financial, operational and strategic facts needed to make informed decisions, formulate and evaluate practical alternatives.
• Formulated a profitable growth strategy for a leading paper & packaging company in Brazil (7 months assignment in Sao Paulo, Brazil)
• Conducted a detailed strategic and financial assessment, and formulated acquisition/merger recommendations for an energy company in the United Kingdom
• Formulated a strategy to maximize shareholders return for a leading mining & natural resources company based in South Africa (8 months assignment in Johannesburg, South Africa)
• Delivered recommendations how to grow sustainable commercial competencies for a global pharmaceutical client
• Prepared various marketing presentations for potential clients spanning multiple industries (renewable energy, financial services, pharmaceutical, and logistics)
Opleiding interimmanagerMSc. in Business Administration at the University of Groningen (Rijksuniversiteit Groningen)
Consultancy interimmanagement a.i. kerncompetentiesPrivate Equity | Value Creation | Strategy Execution | Business Transformation | Business Development | M&A | Business Model Development | Project Management | Commercial Due Diligence
Talenkennis interimmanagerDutch - Native
English - Fluent