Find similar resumes
Senior Technical Support Manager
Work ExperienceBusiness Experience
• Over 20 years experience in IT infrastructure management industry
• In charge of Level 3 technical support teams with +$1 million budget supporting global (enterprise) customers and channel partners, managing resources effectively
• Strong customer facing skills, building reports and developing relations, and acting as the escalation point for complex and political situations.
• Worked closely with Sales and Pre-sales to develop and grow business.
• Proven track record meeting and maintaining high CSAT and other KPIs, building strategies for improvement and implementing those effectively based on CSAT data such as NPS.
• Excellent presentation skills, comfortable in addressing executive management, negotiating with customers and partners
• Strong people management track record, attracting and retaining highly experienced professionals
• Managing 4 teams through experienced line managers
• Specialized in Performance Management, and facilitating promo/equity and top/bottom performer outcomes for 100+ technical support centre.
• Strong motivator, providing an inspiring and challenging working environment for both staff and peers, giving direction while remaining hands-on
• In charge of people programs such as training, health and wellbeing and motivational activities.
• Building teams from scratch and taking over existing teams
• Focused on building a culture of Delivery Excellence, both within the management team and engineers
• Expert in creating and implementing processes and culture that work for small teams in the larger business environment, utilizing skills in a cross-functional manner
• Heavily involved in the integration of newly acquired companies into the larger business
Senior Manager Technical Support 2016 - now
NetApp, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Large global storage company, reporting to sr global director
• Running day to day operations of 3 teams of L2/L3 engineers through 3 line managers
• Setting and tracking goals and deliverables for line managers, developing strategies and development plans
• Part of senior mgmt team running local and global projects around service delivery culture, process improvements and global consistency
• Developing a global software support model to meet current and future business requirements
• Created a coherent and motivated, high performing team from a diverse group with various backgrounds and experience
• Driving global CSAT analysis and drive positive actions and cultural change
• Lead a global performance calibration review process
Senior Technical Support Manager 2013 - 2016
Cisco, St Leonards, Australia
Large global networking company, reporting to TAC director
• Running the day to day operations of Level 3 support teams supporting global accounts
• Performing all duties related to people management, such as performance reviews, training and IDPs, hiring, motivating individuals and teams to make a difference
• Being part of a senior management team, managing the business via balanced scorecard methods, regularly reporting in Ops reviews and being responsible for People Management activities such as training programs, hiring, leadership development and annual performance cycle.
• Successfully ran a $50k health and wellbeing program for the Cisco TAC
• Implemented new performance management processes, including facilitating limited restructure, promotions and top/bottom management, leading the management team from a data driven conversation (bell-curves) to a pure people development process.
• Became leader of people processes quadrant within 1 year of joining the CISCO TAC
Senior Manager Customer Services 2003 - 2012
EMC, Slough, UK & Sydney, Australia
Large global infrastructure company, reporting to Senior Directors in Customer Services
• Running the day to day operations of Level 3 support teams supporting global accounts on resource/infrastructure management products
• Performing all duties as part of the global senior management team in remote customer services, including regular KPI reviews and improvement strategies, process and procedure changes, strategic and tactical decision making, new product introductions and headcount planning
• Establish and running the support operations for Smarts for EMEA and Asia
• Managed the integration of my Smarts team into the larger EMC environment, from a people, processes and business point of view. Was then asked to relocate to Australia to establish the support teams for Asia, first in Sydney and later in India as well.
• Headed multiple teams, maintaining high performance with 85%+ CSAT
• Was part of the leadership team that transformed the business from a L1/L2, via a Triage/Core, to a Skill Based Routing organization, including global planning of organizational and process changes, and pioneering the local implementation of those
Network Management Consultant 2000 - 2002
Siemens SA, Lisbon, Portugal
Self employed network management consultant, contracted by Siemens
Responsible for pre- and post-sales customer engagements on network and application management software. This was a highly technical position with significant commercial involvement as well, being the only network management specialist in the country at the time
Network Management Specialist 1999 - 2000
Merrill Lynch, London, United Kingdom (IT department in global bank)
Network Management Consultant 1998 - 1999
Tertio, London, United Kingdom (small reseller)
Senior Spectrum Support Engineer 1996 - 1998
Cabletron, Newbury, United Kingdom (medium sized networking company)
IT-trainer, Multimedia developer 1993 - 1996
Polytechnic “Hogeschool Holland”, Amsterdam, Holland (University)
EducationEDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
2005 – 2006 Various Management courses by Australian Institute for Management
Six Sigma Fundamentals
ITIL V3 Foundations Certified
2005 - 2006 Open University UK, Philosophy and History (Certificate)
1996 - 2003 Various technical courses in Infrastructure Management
1991 - 1993 Polytechnic “Hogeschool Holland” Amsterdam
Teacher Degree History, (Diploma)
1985 - 1989 Business Management for Printing Processes (Tertiary)
1981 - 1985 High School for Printing Processes
SkillsStrong People Manager/Change Leadership/Divers Global Experience/Delivery Excellence
I am a senior technical support manager with over 20 years experience working both in small and large global companies. Currently I manage a team of around 40 L2/3 engineers through 4 line managers. I have worked in different environments and countries, in various roles from technical consultant through to senior manager. I have built teams from scratch, hiring top talent, implementing processes and procedures and creating the right culture in high level technical and IT business environments. In the past 4 years I have specialized in people management processes such as performance management for a 100+ organization. Passionate about working with young and energetic teams, I have focused specifically on providing Delivery Excellence to our customers, directly driven by customer feedback data such as NPS, and to lead in creating a culture where this is top of mind by everyone, and where we all work in a motivating, challenging and fun environment.