Find similar resumes
Interim Manager Procurement - Supply Chain
Work ExperienceA Procurement-orientated Manager with wide and successful experience in the management of purchasing, logistics and supply chain businesses in home and international markets and in the development and implementation of strategic plans within fast paced technology industries. A hands-on problem solver with a drive of achievement and interested in new challenges and innovations on global scale. Specializes in change-, & chain management and consultancy. Wide international experience including residential periods in Europe and EMEA.
Established his own business in November 2005 to provide interim management services.
Interim Assignments include:
January 2018 - June 2018 Sabbatical.
January 2017 – December 2017 - Project Manager Purchasing
Pluripharm / Distrimed Alkmaar, Baarn
- Change management to reorganize the purchasing function within the organization.
Spend € 550M.
- Optimization of the Procurement function including the optimization of the JDEdwards ERP -
P2P and Slimstock implementation.
- Investigation of NPR Purchasing spend, warehousing, technical investments and maintenance.
February 2016 – December 2016 - Project Manager Purchasing
Enza Zaden Beheer B.V. Enkhuizen ( Seed Valley)
- Change management to re-organize the purchasing function within the organization.
Spend € 250M.
- Optimization of the Procurement function within the 25 Global companies worldwide
including the optimization of the ICT P2P cloud implementation in supply chain and
manufacturing process improvements, MRO and maintenance.
October 2015 – January 2016 – Project Procurement Manager
Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam
- Change management to re-organize the purchasing of Medicines within the organization.
- Spend € 150M. Securing of the Procurement function and Personal data Act. Coaching 24 fte.
January 2014 – September 2015 – Project Procurement Manager
Alrijne Region Hospital Leiderdorp
- Managed the purchasing team and developed the savings and positioning.
- Guidance merger between two hospitals including logistics.
- Led the vision, strategy and business planning process.
- Implement the ICT software SRM, contract-, and P2P system and managing implementation of
complex programs and optimization of healthcare -equipment- process (re)design of business
October 2012 – December 2013 – Project Procurement Manager
Government Region Utrecht – BRU Public transport in formation.
- Change management for re-positioning of the team of 6 and hired new staff.
- Professionalization of the Procurement function in relation of public policies.
- Re-orientation of the strategies in relation to European tendering and major projects. (€750M)
- Developed and rolled-out purchasing vision, strategy, procedures and business systems, such
as ICT software SRM ERP, P2P and contracting system also MRO, asset management and
February 2011 – September 2012 – Project Procurement Manager / Corporate Procurement
Prysmian Group The Netherlands Amsterdam, Delft
- Trouble-, and change management for re-positioning of the teams.
- Professionalizing and developing of the teams in relation to internationals SAP SRM processes
at EU and EMEA OpCo’s and also buying ICT software systems.
- Re-organized teams and actions after selling KDN to Prysmian Group to bridge key gaps.
- Developed and rolled-out Procurement BPO vision, strategy and procedures. (Prince II)
- Review of the inventory and outsourcing MRO, maintenance and business process
management, optimization (re)design processes and motivation of teams.
May 2010 – January 2011 – Project Procurement Manager
Van Hattum & Blankevoort Infra Construction Woerden
- Responsible for rebuilding purchasing team of 8
- Coaching the team of market research for cost savings TCO, quality assurance and advising in
European tenders, € 5M - € 100M+.
- Introduced Prince II procedures and business systems.
February 2010 – April 2010 – Project Procurement Manager
Academic Medical Centre Amsterdam
- Responsible for changing of current procedures and policies.
- Developing and coaching market research for cost savings (TCO) quality assurance and
advising in European tenders.
August 2009 – January 2010 – Project Procurement Manager
Local authority City of Haarlem
- Responsible for rebuilding purchasing team of 4, hired new staff.
- Commissioned formal research, introduced procedures, policies, processes and P2P &
SAP/JDEdwards software SRM business systems.
- Internal marketing of the Procurement profession.
August 2007 – July 2009 – Project Purchasing Manager
Dunea, duin & water Voorburg – Water supplier Company –
- Responsible for rebuilding purchasing team of 6 and developing purchasing plan.
- Implement purchasing & supply chain procedures and policies.
- Developed relation-, contract-, and commercial management, Capex, real estate, MRO,
maintenance, major projects € 50M+.
- Developed legal and commercial contracts for a Shared Service Centre with 5 different
business partners, incl. managing the complete SAP software SRM solution.
January 2007 – July 2007 – Project Procurement Manager Europe
Heijmans Infra Construction Rosmalen
- Developed supplier-, and contract management
- Commissioned formal research, introduced procedures and business systems for European
- Coaching the team of 16 and developing market research and advice for cost savings, quality
assurance (TCO) supply chain consolidation and outsourcing.
January 2006 – December 2006 – Project Procurement Manager Europe
Nedtrain Haarlem, Member of the Dutch Railway Group
- Final responsible for supplier-, and contract management for an international refurbishment
- Perform Pan European (+China) market research for cost savings, quality assurance (TCO)
supply chain consolidation, procurement re-engineering projects and BPO (out) sourcing-,
relation-, commercial-, and quality management.
- Implementation of Automotive- and Lean thinking processes, in relation to Supply
Chain activities. Leading specification, selecting and contracting groups to contract European
suppliers (partners) which are Best in Class or Best in Practice such as co-design, co-
development, early supplier involvement, continuous improvement -APQP- SLA’s and
concurrent working with (manufacturing) engineering process, FMCG and outsourcing
selection of MRO, maintenance and High–Tech equipment.
- Direct and coaching the team of 24.
October 2006 – December 2006 – Project Procurement Director
Tyco Fire & Integrated Solutions Woerden
- Final responsible to set-up, re-organize, professionalize and implementation of the High-Tech Purchasing department for the Benelux.
- Outsourcing MRO and spare parts optimization of maintenance and Supply Chain inner
company for Europe
Corporate Career Summary
July 2002 – December 2005 Manager Purchasing & Logistics Dept. Region Hospital Haarlem, Heemstede, Hoofddorp
- Responsible for warehousing-, purchasing-, and supply chain teams of 45, hired new
- Developed and rolled-out purchasing plan including policies, procedures and business system.
- Review of purchasing management and logistics management for the new organization.
- Responsible for all investments (€ 365M) and management for the new building Hospital in
Hoofddorp, (Medical, Pharmaceutical, Cleanrooms, ICT, Telecom, High-Tech equipment).
- Direct several project-teams such as external and internal logistics, savings, automation of the
purchasing department and procurement.
- Board member.
November 1999 – June 2002 Manager Purchasing & Logistics Dept.
Police Force, Region Central Netherlands, Leiderdorp
- Responsible for rebuilding purchasing, car fleet and repro teams of 9.
- Independent purchaser of the major suppliers, s.a. ICT and Telecom.
- Starting up, executing, supervise and coaching of the regional purchase management teams and internal logistics.
- Reporting to the Board of Directors.
August 1998 – October 1999 Director Procurement EMEA
Rath & Doodeheefver Group Nederland N.V. Helmond
- Final responsible for all purchase activities for the Group.
- Major account leader of all strategic materials such as categories, chemicals, MRO, Capex, ICT/Telecom, international procurement EMEA, quality assurance and production / assembly lines and also responsible for the internal reorganization of the purchase, production and financial teams of 60.
April 1992 – July 1998 Procurement Manager
Merck Sharp & Dohme B.V. Haarlem, Pharmaceutical Industry
- Responsible for the independent purchasing of international goods, projects and services in reference of investments and exploitation (TCO), facility management, MRO, Capex, subcontractors, contract management, leasing, (WTB+E) installation-, and mechanical projects, quality assurance, high-tech equipment, IT/Telecom and tableting/production lines.
- Starting up and managing of the procurement re-engineering international saving projects (Global Procurement). Spend $ 850M
- Implementation of Lean-thinking processes (SMED) and early supplier involvement for production processes, policies and quality assurance
- Project manager for the Procurement SRM MRP/ERP P2P implementation.
October 1990 – March 1992 Quantity Surveyor Machine factory Meijn B.V. Oostzaan
May 1988 – September 1990 Commercial & Technical Employee Furbex B.V. Amsterdam
- Reducing of costs for several projects in relation of European spend of more than 30% of total spend
of $ 850M pa.
- Negotiated and coached several contracts for Spaarne Hospital, achieved a 30% reduction for € 50M
- Increasing of + 50% in orders and invoices after implementation of SRM and P2P business systems.
- Securing the purchasing function within organizations and outsourcing of IT services.
Different commodities such as:
- Capex, OPEX, FMCG, Industrial machinery like -Pharmacy & Healthcare- production environment,
Contracting HRM, hiring external people, ICT, software & hardware, Packaging, NRP, Telephone &
Mobile installations and contracting and Facilities. MRO and optimization of maintenance management
- Change-, and chain management, coaching, tactical and strategic buying projects. Outsourcing and
international Procurement re-engineering.
2001 – 2017 Several management and procurement related seminaries.
2012 Prince II Project Management i.r.t. Procurement
2011 Agile, scrum en Kanban methodises
2009 Omission Management
2007 – 2008 Best Value Procurement, Prof. Dean Kashiwagi
2006 Baan IV (ERP / MRP system) / KANBAN / LEAN / APQP
2006 EC Tendering
2000 Intervision, Integral Psychology
1995 Procurement Master, Boston University USA, Prof. Dean Kashiwagi
1993 – 1996 Nevi 1, Procurement Specialist / Nevi 2, Procurement Professional
1991 – 1992 Nima A, Marketing Specialist
1995 Class A, Oliver Wright (ERP – MRP Master Requirements Planner)
1995 Effective Leadership, Steven Covey
1993 GMP 1 – 2, GLP, GCP
1992 – 1996 HEAO CE, Business School Haarlem
1982 – 1987 MBO, Commercial Engineering, Middle Education College
1980 – 1982 Electro technical, Chr. Technical High School Haarlem
Dutch, native language;