Find similar resumes
Business Development & Marketing Manager Spanish Market
Work ExperienceCAREER PROFILE:
• Experienced in marketing management, business development and managing commercial projects in an international environment.
• Developed strong qualifications in sales, marketing, account management and relationship management in professional service organisations (mainly in banking, insurance and pension services). Experienced in both incumbent and start-up environments.
• Fluency in both Spanish and English (as well as German and Dutch).
2002 - to date: Marketing Manager - KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Netherlands
• Initiating required activities in regards to the market introduction of an independent service provider dedicated to managing company pension funds, mainly of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines. Independently responsible for business development and acquiring new clients in the Dutch market.
• Ultimate responsibility for developing and implementing the company’s marketing strategy. Managing the planning, budgeting and operations of marketing and marketing communications activities, including Internet presence. Reporting directly to the CEO.
• Targeting a pre-determined annual goal of 7.5 % increase in turnover (€ 1 million).
2000 - 2002: Management Consultant, Spain
• Self-employed management consultant dedicated to business strategy and marketing.
• Independently developed and implemented mid-term strategy plans for both a Spanish company involved in media and communication technology and the Spanish subsidiary of a Dutch insurance company.
1998 - 1999: District Manager for Insurance Services - ING Bank, Netherlands
• As project-manager, developed and implemented the new structure for one of the insurance divisions of ING Bank within the framework of a larger reorganisation.
• Managed the planning, budgeting, staffing and operations with regard to sales, cross selling and marketing of insurance-products. Acquired new clients for insurance services (including risk analysis and risk management), targeting large and medium-sized companies.
• Recruited and independently managed a team of 17 insurance consultants. Coached 65 account managers. Reported directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors.
• Met a pre-determined annual target of € 2 million of commission-income.
• Business consultant in an advisory committee responsible for further development of ING Bank’s strategy regarding bank-insurance services.
1995 - 1998: Risk Consultant / Account Manager - ING Bank, Netherlands
• Managed accounts of corporate clients, mainly in the health care sector, with a turnover of more than € 227 million within the Insurance Broking & Risk Finance department of ING Bank.
• Scope of responsibility included advice regarding risk-management, risk-analysis, and non-life insurance, as well as co-ordination of cross selling.
• Acquired a significant number of clients (mainly big health institutions and hospitals). Met an individual annual target of € 90,000 of commission-income.
1992 - 1995: Secretary for Health Insurance & Employee Benefits - Dutch Association of Insurers, Netherlands
• Lobbied on behalf of the Dutch private insurance industry and co-ordinated both interests and key-issues in the field of health insurance, workers-disability insurance and employee benefits.
• Developed and maintained a network of public-private contacts. Responsible for public affairs towards politicians, ministries, non-profit organisations, the European Commission (Brussels) and the Comité Européen des Assurances (Paris).
• Co-ordinated activities regarding public relations and media contacts.
2002 - to date: Post-graduate program Strategic Marketing of Services (part of Master of Marketing Strategy, MMS). University of Groningen, Academie voor Management, Netherlands (10 months part time; to be completed in September 2003).
2000 - 2001: Master of Business Administration, European University, Montreux, Switzerland.
Graduate program completed at the Madrid campus of European University, Spain. Final grade: magna cum laude.
1985 - 1992: Degree examination and dissertation in Law, Leiden University, Netherlands.
Specialisation: Government and Administrative Law.
2002: Diploma Superior de Español como Lengua Extranjera (Certifcate of proficiency in Spanish).
2000: Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
1999: Course in General English and English for Business, The Oxford Academy of English.
1999: Course in Management Skills (In-company course ING Bank; 7 months, part time).
1996 - 1998: Certificates Insurance Broking (General introduction and Fire & Buildings).
• MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Ami Pro, Lotus 123, Lotus Freelance Graphics.
Skills• Developed strong skills in organisational project management, people management and coaching.
• Used to working as a team-member.
• Used to performing under time constraints.
• Strong communication- and presentation skills.
• Self starter, initiator, organiser, creative, sociable, good sense of humor.
Languages• Dutch: mother tongue
• English: fluent
• Spanish: fluent
• German: good
• French: basic